zaterdag 26 mei 2012

This is the homework for last week. The assignment was to draw box-like shapes. One or more could be 'copied' from original footage but some other perspectives had to be turned in your mind and drawn from imagination.
Fig 1. This is the first attempt. The top left drawing was copied from an original toaster. The image below was drawn from imagination. The object is way to long, I didn't guestimate the foreshortening well, but it was too late, I had already applied the black fine liner. I wasn't satisfied with this one and decided to continue.  
Fig 2. This is my second try. The drawing at the top left is again copied from original footage. The other two drawings were drawn by head. I quite satisfied by the end result; The sketches seem to be in good perspective and the good proportions. I like the differences in detail; the top right is very lightly drawn and the other blue pencil drawing has more contrast. The rendered drawing has more detail and more shading, which I like. I was so happy with the end result that I was afraid to put a background in it. The final result looks quite plain, but I was afraid of messing it up in the end. 

Fig 3. This is my final drawing as homework. What I like about this picture is the exploration that is going on. I was too ambitious, trying to draw this product in different perspective, because of it's complexity and curves. I made and attempt on the left but it's not high lighted, it was bad. But it doesn't matter, there's more going on; a more detailed blue sketch in the middle, some detail drawing at the top and bottom, and a final rendering at the right.  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten